Spectrum Spatial Analyst

Expand all | Collapse all

Users Project Home Page

• 1.  Users Project Home Page

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 08-30-2018 13:07
      |   view attached

The next release of Spectrum Spatial Analyst is well under way, with a new look home page that will great all your authorised (named users) when they enter the application. This is the first steps towards a unified administration and user experience.

See Attachment The November release will see some major changes in the first steps towards the unified experience, this includes:

We will be moving away from map-configurations (as we call them today) and splitting them into two parts – one part called projects and the other part – functionality profile.

A functionality profile is a new entity that we are introducing – which is necessarily the settings you find in map-configuration like branding, associated print template, which capability is enabled/disabled like annotation, thematics etc. In this next release, a functionality profile will continue to be part of existing administration console. In a future release, this part of the SSA admin console will reside within Spectrum Spatial Manager.

Functionality profile ?settings

1.   Name of functionality profile?

2.   Geocoding config and search behaviour?

3.   Print templates? - Enable admin to set default template?

4.   Branding

5.   Watermark and copyright?

6.    Enable/Disable?

a)   end user summarization?

b)   end user thematic?

c)   end user browse and add data?

d)   end user annotation creation?

e)   end user can create travel boundaries? - Routing config?

7.    End user measure tools?

8.    End user can see current coordinates on settings panel?

9.    End user sign in?

10. End user switch projects?

11. End user can see projects page?

12. End user can re-order layers?

13. End user save sessions?

a)   Restrict user from removing admin added layers.

In the new administration process - you can create a functionality profile once and re-use it across multiple projects. You’d have the capability to associate a functionality profile to a project. So if you make any change in a functionality profile – it would get applied to all the projects that are associated to it.

A project comprises of what maps /layers are added, the order of layers, layers which are on/off, pan-able extents, base maps & few other aspects. Projects are the new core entity that SSA end users will use. As an admin, you can give users access to SSA projects.

Project settings

1.      Name of project

2.      Pan-able Map extents (zoom and pan) & Projection system

3.      Base maps available for project

4.      Maps & layers (add & remove)

5.      Order of layers

6.      Initial state (map default zoom/x/y/basemap & layers which are on/off)

7.      Data related settings:

a.    Ability to query specific layers

b.    Associate quick searches (admin queries)

c.    Associate info-templates

d.   Search width

e.   Map information enable/disabled for specific layers

f.    Data binds

g.   Copyright for respective layers

h.   End user can export data

i.    End user querying

7.      FMN config would be assigned to a project?

8.      Associate Functionality profile

9.      Permissions

Look out closer to the release date for customer webinars that will guide you through the process.

• 2.  RE: Users Project Home Page

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 08-31-2018 05:43

Amazing, and the UI is wonderful! Love it!

• 3.  RE: Users Project Home Page

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 08-31-2018 05:44

@Abhiraj Satarate? 👍 😍

• 4.  RE: Users Project Home Page

Posted 10-18-2018 09:28

Hi Andy,

As always I'm looking forward to seeing new functionality.

Just a word of warning from someone who uses and administers SSA and it's supporting platforms every day. I am concerned about the future move towards doing more (all?) admin with Spatial Manager (SM).

You said" In a future release, this part of the SSA admin console will reside within Spectrum Spatial Manager." That's fine but you have to radically rethink SM first. It is very slow to navigate around, pages and listings take a long time to render. I often get to the point where I have give up what should be a quick and simple task (e.g.: delete a resource from the repository) because it takes too long to do in SM.

I'd be very concerned about PB putting Admin Console tasks into SM without first making SM fit for (administrator) purpose.

Thanks,

Stuart

• 5.  RE: Users Project Home Page

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10-19-2018 05:45

Hi Stuart,

You are totally correct to raise this and it is something we have been very careful about planning. Having only been responsible for Spatial Manager (SM) for 8 months, we have been doing a review of the UI within SM. Part of this review was around how we could migrate the administration over a 2 release cycle. The first phase is to migrate the map config (to be projects) over to the visualization UI. So creating the project will be done within a visualization UI. The other elements that are usually changed or accessed less frequently will be merged in to a redesigned UI with SM. That part will be the second phase of that design as it requires more UI redesign than SSA.

However, you are completely correct in raising this and i thank you for asking the question. We will he hosting a webinar early next year to demonstrate the proposed new UI of SM.

Regards

Andy

• 6.  RE: Users Project Home Page

Posted 10-19-2018 05:47
    Thanks for that, Andy. I’m pleased to hear its recognised and that PB is already on top of it. Regards, Stuart