MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

Expand all | Collapse all

I have two variables, a point object and a region object (has only one polygon) How can I determine if the point object is Within the region object. Ideally a Yes/No (TRUE/FALSE) answer

• 1.  I have two variables, a point object and a region object (has only one polygon) How can I determine if the point object is Within the region object. Ideally a Yes/No (TRUE/FALSE) answer

Posted 07-26-2018 02:50

IntersectNodes() does not work, it does not accept a point object as an input

A Select statement would work, if one of the objects was part of a record in a table. But they are both variables. I want to avoid the rigmarole of creating tables just to place the object variable into.

• 2.  RE: I have two variables, a point object and a region object (has only one polygon) How can I determine if the point object is Within the region object. Ideally a Yes/No (TRUE/FALSE) answer

Posted 07-26-2018 21:42

I solved it

I just use the Geographic Operator Within

If <pointObject> Within <regionObject> Then ...

• 3.  RE: I have two variables, a point object and a region object (has only one polygon) How can I determine if the point object is Within the region object. Ideally a Yes/No (TRUE/FALSE) answer

Posted 08-13-2018 01:54

You should use " Within " function in the Query table. Its just simple as that.