MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

Looking for testers for new RibbonBuilder tool - it builds custom ribbon interfaces configured via a spreadsheet without the need for any MapBasic coding

• 1.  Looking for testers for new RibbonBuilder tool - it builds custom ribbon interfaces configured via a spreadsheet without the need for any MapBasic coding

Posted 09-24-2018 11:28
      |   view attached

See Attachment

I've been working on a MapBasic tool for use within our organisation which allows someone (me in this case) to remotely configure the content of custom tabs for all users in the organisation who are using the tool.

Through this tool I can update and maintain access to all existing datasets and tools, then add new ones, fix broken ones, move things around etc. It also means no one needs to remember the file paths of 100's of datasets/tools and ensures all users are working with the same/correct datasets.

We've been using it here and it's working well so I thought I'd share it with the community and put it up on the Community Downloads site for anyone interested.

But before I do that I thought it would be wise to do a bit of testing first.

If anyone is interested in testing, you can run it with my provided Config_example.xlsx which will build an interface but the buttons wont work as the file paths will be broken. Or you can whip up your own config.xlsx pretty quickly using the template.

Source code, MBX and more detailed documentation (see PDF) are all on GitHub:

https://github.com/nadnerb33/RibbonBuilder

Do let me know if you have any questions or feedback.