MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Trouble with display of choices on the left side of the screen

• 1.  Trouble with display of choices on the left side of the screen

Posted 10-18-2018 03:36
    I am having trouble with new version. Not sure if it my screen display or a change from the upgrade. I can no longer see my choices on the left side of the screen. eg choose to use hybrid road maps or display meters on my map. Please help

• 2.  RE: Trouble with display of choices on the left side of the screen

Posted 10-19-2018 05:16

Hi Judy

It's not clear too me what your problem is. Can you include a screenshot showing your issue?

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Trouble with display of choices on the left side of the screen

Posted 10-24-2018 19:01
      |   view attached

This is the screen from my most used template. In the previous version on the left hand side of the screen there was a list of the different choices. Eg the blue dot shows water meters I used to be able to select whether I required them on the map. I cant work out how to change what is displayed on my map.

MissingListOfChoises

Regards

Judy Seppanen

Secretary

Glamorgan Vale Water Board

Ph:(07) 54266800

Fax:(07) 54266865

secretary@gvwb.com.au<mailto:secretary@gvwb.com.au>

• 4.  RE: Trouble with display of choices on the left side of the screen

Posted 10-25-2018 02:11
      |   view attached

From your description, it sounds as if it's the Layer list your are missing.

Within MapInfo Pro 17.0, this can be found in the Explorer window. To open the Explorer window, go to the HOME tab, click on the Tool button in the Windows group and then finally click on the Explorer element in the dropdown.

You should now see the Explorer window as shown in the image below.

OpenExplorer

You can place it in multiple places - that's all up to you. By default, I think, it will dock itself on the left side of the screen.