MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Where do I find Redistribute Alignment in MapInfo Pro 17.0?

• 1.  Where do I find Redistribute Alignment in MapInfo Pro 17.0?

Posted 10-23-2018 00:52

How do I access the redistribute alignment function in V17? Why doesn't the Legend Designer insert into a single frame? Tried a new workspace, though still unable to insert all contents into a single frame, hence redistribute function.

• 2.  RE: Where do I find Redistribute Alignment in MapInfo Pro 17.0?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10-23-2018 01:08

Hi Jason,

Just wanted to make sure you know that v17 has the capability of adding a legend in an empty frame in layout. You don't have to necessarily bring it in with the map window.

You can then select each legend frame and move it around in the layout. You can try this.

Regards,

Shweta

• 3.  RE: Where do I find Redistribute Alignment in MapInfo Pro 17.0?

Posted 10-23-2018 01:26

Thanks Shweta. I understand. So the split was an intentional design change. Unfortunately this is why I need the redistribution tool returned. We've only been left with the alignment basics. I agree the option to split is a good one, though the default should be that the two are created in the same frame.

• 4.  RE: Where do I find Redistribute Alignment in MapInfo Pro 17.0?

Posted 10-24-2018 05:56

Jason,

Align is coming back. At the moment I'm not sure whether it will be brought back in the upcoming v17.0.2 later this year or in v19 next year.

• 5.  RE: Where do I find Redistribute Alignment in MapInfo Pro 17.0?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10-24-2018 13:29

Hi Jason,

The Layout distribute options that are in 32bit Pro (from the Align Objects dialog) have now been added to MapInfo Pro 17.0.2.

They will be on the Layout's Alignment menu. There are actually 2 different ways to distribute; 1) distribute selected objects relative to each other, and 2) distribute selected objects relative to the current page.

Both of these will be available in 17.0.2 as commands that can be added to the QAT or the Layout mini-toolbar, but only the 1st way has been added to the Alignment menu.

• 6.  RE: Where do I find Redistribute Alignment in MapInfo Pro 17.0?

Posted 10-25-2018 06:31

Is there a date for the release of v17.0.2?

• 7.  RE: Where do I find Redistribute Alignment in MapInfo Pro 17.0?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10-25-2018 06:40

@James Stone? .