MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Miscommunication between layout window and map window

• 1.  Miscommunication between layout window and map window

Posted 28 days ago
    Hi wondering if anyone could help? I have a map window that I am trying to add text and symbols to. I have created a layout window that relates to this map page. When I add any text or symbols to the map page the sizing of the text and symbols are a lot smaller in the layout window. No matter how much I change the sizing it doesn't communicate properly with the layout window. Also, when I have zoomed in on the map page to add a symbol, set the size of it and then zoom out the symbol size changes as I zoom out. It's as if the scaling isn't marrying up for some reason.

------------------------------
    Kathryn Clement
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Miscommunication between layout window and map window

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Kathryn,

It looks like an issue with the fonts. To reflect the same text and symbol size in the Layout as is there in the Map window please change the default settings from Backstage > Options > Legend Window. You can change the title and Style from this window which will then apply to all.

The changes in the Map window do not reflect automatically in the Layout. After this change, you will have to regenerate the layout window to have the new styling show.

Hope  this helps.

Shweta Shukla
    Pitney Bowes Software India
    Noida

• 3.  RE: Miscommunication between layout window and map window

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 27 days ago
    There are a lot of improvements  coming in the 2019 release. You can go through a few of them in the post "https://community.pitneybowes.com/communities/communityhome/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=19&MessageKey=4e668e51-6060-476c-8d51-59e3f16bd8af&CommunityKey=fe4d1ee2-f1c6-4307-87d2-00bea1344885&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fcommunities%2fcommunityhome%2fdigestviewer%3fCommunityKey%3dfe4d1ee2-f1c6-4307-87d2-00bea1344885".

Regards,
    Shweta

Shweta Shukla
    Pitney Bowes Software India
    Noida

• 4.  RE: Miscommunication between layout window and map window

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Kathryn
    That sounds very much along the lines of the 32-bit process for printing your map window.
    That process is quite different now in 64-bit. As soon as you place a map into the Layout, the link from the map is broken and you deal wholly in the Layout.
    Please confirm which version of MapInfo you are using.
    Regards

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom