MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Combining and exporting as KMZ/KML

• 1.  Combining and exporting as KMZ/KML

Posted 01-06-2020 11:08
      |   view attached
    Hello,

we have a Fiber Optic Backbone that is comprised of a couple thousand cables (polylines). When we get a request from A-End to B-End we use the copy paste function from the existing Network into a new Tab file by selecting  a cable then copy Paste. (Repeat until the entire path is covered)

Afterwards we select the different parts with radius or polygon select and combine them into 1 line.

This gives us the option to get the entire length and I can then export this tabfile into KML for the customer.
    This KML however is strange in that it is not one entire line but it is still a collection of geometry items.

When I try to edit this KML I will only be allowed to work on the first part of the line.

How can I combine the lines or make copy  perhaps  so that when I export it,  it is one true line from a to b and not several pieces?

Thank you for any idea you might have and a great 2020 to all of you!

Georges

------------------------------
    Georges Majerus
    Project Manager Telecom
    LuxConnect
    Bettembourg

• 2.  RE: Combining and exporting as KMZ/KML

Posted 01-07-2020 06:05
    Hi Georges
    My guess is that all of your polylines are not snapped together. Therefore, when you combine them​, they are multiple objects rather than a single object.

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom