MapInfo Pro

Getting updates from the MapInfo Marketplace

• 1.  Getting updates from the MapInfo Marketplace

Posted 8 days ago

Those of you that already have started using the MapInfo Marketplace for finding and downloading tools and add-ins for MapInfo Pro directly from within MapInfo Pro might have seen some of the recent changes that we introduced in the MapInfo Marketplace.

With MapInfo Pro v2019, we introduced the notifications for new versions of tools that you have installed from the MapInfo Marketplace. Here's how it works.

MapInfo Pro will check for updates on startup.

The first thing you will notice is the small red number in the lower right corner of the statusbar. This tells you that you have new notifications. Click on the small icon and you will open the Notifications window where you can see all the notifications.

In the example above, you can see that there are updates available from the MapInfo Marketplace. Double-click again on the notification to go to the marketplace. This will bring you directly to the My Products page on the marketplace.

On this page, you can see the products, tools, and add-ins, that you have installed and at the top, you can see which tools exist in a new version.

If you want to get the update of these products, you have two options. You can click the Update Product button for the individual products you want to update. Or you can use the Update All button to get all the updates.

Once you have click one of the update buttons, MapInfo Pro will start downloading, unzipping, and installing the tool. You can follow the process in the Task window as it's a background thread. This also means that you can continue using MapInfo Pro while the tools are being downloaded and installed.

The images above are from the end of March. Today I noticed that two Python add-ins, Python Quick Start and Python Console, have been updated. I have now updated these too.

------------------------------
    Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data
    ------------------------------