MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Help / Description of new functions

• 1.  Help / Description of new functions

Posted 01-09-2020 01:55
    Hi,

just installed the new international version of MiPro 2019 and maybe it's a little early this morning, but i cannot find any help texts or descriptions of some of the SQL-functions, like AreaV1() or for example AggregateBuffer(). I looked at the MapBasic help and didn't find anything and let acrobat reader search the MiPro user guide but got no results.

Any hints to where to find that documentation?

Thanks and regards
    Stefan

• 2.  RE: Help / Description of new functions

Posted 01-09-2020 05:28
    Edited by Peter Horsbøll Møller 01-09-2020 05:29

Hi Stefan

These will be documented in the documentation for MapBasic v2019.

The list of functions now contains a full list of all MapBasic functions. Maybe we need to give that a closer look and consider if all these are still used. AreaV1() is an ancient function for calculating areas back in the first versions of MapInfo Pro.

AggregateBuffer() is one of the four new spatial aggregations that can be used in a query when grouping records. This lets you aggregate the spatial objects too. These are the four spatial aggregations that we have added:

• AggregateBuffer
    • AggregateCombine
    • AggregateConvexHull
    • AggregateMBR

I have suggested that we add the spatial aggregations to the section on Aggregating Data in the MapInfo Pro documentation.

------------------------------
    Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 3.  RE: Help / Description of new functions

Posted 01-09-2020 07:31
      |   view attached
    Hi Peter,

thanks for the reply, - but as i wrote: The MapBasic 2019 Help doesn't contain for example AggregateBuffer, as you can see in the attached screenshot, and it's the same for AreaV1().

So where do i have to look for it?

kind regards
    Stefan

• 4.  RE: Help / Description of new functions

Posted 01-09-2020 10:15
    Hi Stefan,

I thought you were looking in MapBasic v17. I just checked the help system for MapBasic v2019 and you are right. We seem to have missed that part and a lot of the new features around SQL too.

Let me check with our documentation team.

Thanks

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 5.  RE: Help / Description of new functions

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 01-09-2020 11:26
      |   view attached

Hi Stefan,

I just checked the help for MapBasic v2019 and yes indeed the help for all the new Spatial Aggregate functions as well as SQL language changes are missing. 

Till the time we get this rectified, I have attached the PDF export of our internal documentation for these new updates in v2019.

Thanks
    Anshul

Anshul Goel
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: Help / Description of new functions

Posted 01-09-2020 12:46
    Hi Anshul,

thank you very much for the PDF, - makes life when writing a training manual much easier!

Have a good day
    and best regards

Stefan