MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

MapInfo PDF Printer Version 16.0 x 64 - Advanced option button.

• 1.  MapInfo PDF Printer Version 16.0 x 64 - Advanced option button.

Posted 28 days ago
    Hello, I use Map Info 16.4 (I did the update this summer from 16,0), but I think that since then, I no longer have access to the "Options" and "Advanced" buttons when I try to export my new layouts to PDF . Anyone have a solution? I tried many readings without results ...  See the images above.  Yves

------------------------------
    Yves Dandurand
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: MapInfo PDF Printer Version 16.0 x 64 - Advanced option button.

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 28 days ago
    Hello Yves,

When printing a Layout window, we are automatically determining which settings to use to make it easier for users.

Is there a particular setting that you are trying to set/change?

Alicia Levesque
    Pitney Bowes Software

• 3.  RE: MapInfo PDF Printer Version 16.0 x 64 - Advanced option button.

Posted 28 days ago
    I am looking to print in vector format so that I can zoom without pixelation. It now seems to be impossible.

Yves Dandurand

• 4.  RE: MapInfo PDF Printer Version 16.0 x 64 - Advanced option button.

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 28 days ago
    We are trying to preserve vector output when possible. There are options (such as layer translucency) which require us to rasterize a layer.

Would you mind sending me a copy of your PDF so that I could look at the content of your layout? Better yet, could you send me the data that you are using? If so, you can use the Workspace Packager tool to include all of the related WOR, TAB and other files.

Alicia Levesque
    Pitney Bowes Software

• 5.  RE: MapInfo PDF Printer Version 16.0 x 64 - Advanced option button.

Posted 27 days ago
      |   view attached
    Here is an example of a problem with the fill pattern...

Yves Dandurand

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Plan - Zone no 0812.pdf   392K 1 version

• 6.  RE: MapInfo PDF Printer Version 16.0 x 64 - Advanced option button.

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 27 days ago
    Thanks for the PDF sample.

I see that most of your PDF file is in vector format. I see a fill pattern in the middle of the map frame. Is this the fill pattern you are concerned about?

I also see 4 rectangular legend swatches in the lower right. In MapInfo Pro 2019, we added support to improve the quality of legend samples by rendering them as vector. But older MapInfo Pro versions will rasterize the legend samples.

Regarding the fill pattern in the map frame... Have you been able to get the vector format that you desired in older versions of MapInfo (by using the Advanced settings)? If so, which setting(s)?

FYI - If you print a map window (not a layout with the map frame), you will still have access to the Advanced button and settings. However, you will only print the map, not the other items shown in your layout (legend, scalebar, north arrow).

Which fill pattern are you using? There are a few fill patterns that look similar to the diagonal hatch shown in your PDF file. I see E1 and B4 & C4. The fill patterns on the first row are rendered differently than the fill styles from the other rows. So changing between E1 and B4/C4 may alter the output. Also, toggling the transparent background on/off can alter the output. In general, output will look better when you do not use transparency.

Alicia Levesque
    Pitney Bowes Software

• 7.  RE: MapInfo PDF Printer Version 16.0 x 64 - Advanced option button.

Posted 27 days ago
      |   view attached
    I normally use G4.  My predessessor found a way to do it while keeping the transparency.  But I don't understand how he did that.  See the file...  And by the way, thanks for all those answers!!

Yves Dandurand

Attachment(s)

pdf
    dossier 1180963070.pdf   254K 1 version