MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with Workspace Packager Tool in MI Pro 17.0.2 64-bit

• 1.  Problem with Workspace Packager Tool in MI Pro 17.0.2 64-bit

Posted 02-05-2020 04:41
    Edited by John Prisco 02-06-2020 05:30

Since the last week of January or so, all users in my organization are receiving multiple errors when using the workspace packager tool - the packaged workspaces are often incomplete  and  tables are failing to be written; any ideas what's going on?  The bSaveTableCopy | unable to create index error is happening constantly (screencaps attached)

------------------------------
    John Prisco
    LAZARD
    New York NY

• 2.  RE: Problem with Workspace Packager Tool in MI Pro 17.0.2 64-bit

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 02-06-2020 09:34
    Hi John,

It could be an environment specific issue. It was an issue for some Users in 17.0.2. Could you please confirm if the tool is auto-loaded or not? If yes, please try without the auto-load.

Also to try is to upgrade to 17.0.3 / 17.0.4 or v 19 as there are changes that could have fixed this issue.

Shweta Shukla
    Pitney Bowes Software India
    Noida

• 3.  RE: Problem with Workspace Packager Tool in MI Pro 17.0.2 64-bit

Posted 02-06-2020 21:41
    Edited by John Prisco 02-06-2020 21:47

Shweta, it is auto-loaded. I ran it without auto-load and it still threw errors & produced a workspace with an error. Any ideas on what environment-specific variable we should investigate?

John Prisco
    LAZARD
    New York NY

• 4.  RE: Problem with Workspace Packager Tool in MI Pro 17.0.2 64-bit

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 02-06-2020 23:52
    Hi John,

This is not an issue with the  Workspace Packager tool. It is an issue with the workspace. If these workspaces are being accessed over a network,  could you please try saving them locally before packaging? Let me know how it goes. If it is still an issue, we can have a ticket opened for it.

Thanks,
    Shweta

Shweta Shukla
    Pitney Bowes Software India
    Noida

• 5.  RE: Problem with Workspace Packager Tool in MI Pro 17.0.2 64-bit

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 02-07-2020 08:36
    Multiple users are experiencing issues writing workspaces that are saved on network drives.  They all appeared to have started at same time after some Windows 10 update and we are still investigating why it is interfering with MIPro's ability to write workspaces on those network drives.  This is happening with multiple versions of MIPro (win32 & x64) that were not having this network saving issue before this Windows 10 update occurred. We are still not certain which Windows 10 update caused it either.  We are investigating to see if we can alter MIPro  workspace saving code to work around this issue perhaps.

Regards,
    -Bill

Bill Wemple
    Principal QA Engineer
    Pitney Bowes
    Troy, NY

• 6.  RE: Problem with Workspace Packager Tool in MI Pro 17.0.2 64-bit

Posted 02-11-2020 03:42
    Edited by John Prisco 02-11-2020 03:42
    In my organization our roaming profiles are technically network locations, so the same errors & problems occur even when working with a folder on the user desktop

John Prisco
    LAZARD
    New York NY

• 7.  RE: Problem with Workspace Packager Tool in MI Pro 17.0.2 64-bit

Posted 02-11-2020 05:45
    Edited by John Prisco 02-11-2020 05:45
    If it helps your team to narrow down the problematic Windows 10 updates, the only Microsoft update I can verify having occurred on or about the time I began experiencing the issue was a Windows Defender Update 1.307.3190 (modified 01/28/2020)

John Prisco
    LAZARD
    New York NY