Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

New idea suggested: date stamps for ConfirmConnect notes boxes

• 1.  New idea suggested: date stamps for ConfirmConnect notes boxes

Posted 16 days ago
    Edited by Chris Mackenzie-Smith 10 days ago
    Hi all,

I've just posted an idea suggestion on the PB ideas website and I'd be grateful if you could vote for it:

ideas.pitneybowes.com/ideas/CONFIRM-I-1787

Here it is:

I manage tree inspections for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and, first, I'll explain our specific context relating to this idea:

The origin of this idea comes from our tree inspectors not being able tell when new notes have been added to Asset Survey fields in ConfirmConnect. Essentially, we would like it to be possible to show a date stamp in ConfirmConnect notes boxes. To be specific, under the 'Conditions' drop down within an Asset Survey page there are notes boxes underneath each category. Although the defects themselves are date stamped, the notes boxes aren't date stamped, which means we currently need to input the dates manually every time we write a note otherwise we don't know when notes have been updated. It would be incredibly useful if these notes could be automatically date stamped. 

I've been advised that, in the broader context, the capacity to add a date expression to the text field in the Comment Library has the added benefit of being applicable to various other applications so would be of potential help to the wider community.

Thanks for reading!

Chris
    Technical Officer
    RBWM Tree Team

------------------------------
    Chris Mackenzie-Smith
    THE ROYAL BOROUGH OF WINDSOR AND MAIDENHEAD COUNCIL
    MAIDENHEAD

• 2.  RE: New idea suggested: date stamps for ConfirmConnect notes boxes

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10 days ago
    Hi Chris,

Looks like the URL got formatted slightly wrong, the link people need to access this idea is: https://ideas.pitneybowes.com/ideas/CONFIRM-I-1787

--
    Andrew McSeveney
    Principal Consultant
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: New idea suggested: date stamps for ConfirmConnect notes boxes

Posted 10 days ago
    Thanks for spotting that! I've corrected the original link now :-)

I'm encouraged to see it appears to be doing well in the charts so far!

Thanks to everyone who's voted

Chris

Chris Mackenzie-Smith
    THE ROYAL BOROUGH OF WINDSOR AND MAIDENHEAD COUNCIL
    MAIDENHEAD