Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Attribute Value - Colour Tables and Lookups

• 1.  Attribute Value - Colour Tables and Lookups

Posted 11-11-2019 20:43
    Hi there,

Does anyone out there know if its possible to achieve the following concept: (Looks like you can't import color values in the attribute values import)

I'd like to dynamically create a import anything file format including color lookup in SQL and drop the file into a listening agent folder to create the attribute values on the fly and use them to fix colors for dates to display on dashboards.

It would be great if color lookups were supported for any area where colors can be defined. Eg: in the attribute value and attribute value import.

All suggestions welcome!
    Thanks Jason.

------------------------------
    Jason Hewett
    Business Systems Administrator
    City of Sydney Council
    Sydney

• 2.  RE: Attribute Value - Colour Tables and Lookups

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 11-12-2019 00:47
    Hi Jason,

Unfortunately you cannot import the colour code into the attribute values table using either Import Anything, or the standard Import Specification.  You can create new attributes types & attribute values (minus the colour code) via the standard Import Specification - however you cannot use this specification to import new attribute values to an existing attribute type.

You can use Import Anything to change an asset's assigned attribute value - but the option you are changing to must already be created in the list of attribute values for that attribute type.

I would recommend that you add your idea to the Ideas Portal for future consideration to enhance the import utilities to support this change.

--
    Andrew McSeveney
    Principal Consultant
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: Attribute Value - Colour Tables and Lookups

Posted 11-12-2019 23:21

Thanks Andrew, will do that.

I have the setup for basic attribute creation but not the colour lookups. Though its a start.

Seeya
    Jason

Jason Hewett
    Business Systems Administrator
    City of Sydney Council
    Sydney