Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Officer Location - ConfirmConnect

• 1.  Officer Location - ConfirmConnect

Posted 12-04-2019 09:04
    Hello,

Is anyone else seeing their Connect transfers build up with officer locations?

PB have said this is a bug but I am seeing more and more appear of recent and we are finding it hard being patient for a fix as tasks cannot be sent and tasks cannot be sent till these all go through.

Someone has just come to me now and in the space of an hour, they have 350 officer locations. Another person had 80 in 5 minutes. They can't always be connected to wifi but it looks like they have good signal and google can find them OK on the map. Tracking frequency is also only every 15 minutes so how come so many are building up?!

As a workaround, we were told to turn off the locations by PB, but then obviously the pins in Workzone disappeared...

Just wondering if we were the only ones suffering!

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Confirm Support Ringway Jacobs
    Senior Technician
    Ringway Jacobs Ltd
    Chelmsford

• 2.  RE: Officer Location - ConfirmConnect

Posted 12-04-2019 09:24
    Hi, In older versions of Confirm there was a dedicated range of seed numbers for each Work Group that was specifically for "Officer Location"  this was maintained at DB level. The Work Groups would sometimes run out of these seed numbers resulting in several hundred "Officer Location" appearing on the device Transfer List when the Max Seed Number had been reached. (There would be no warning of this happening)
    However in later versions of Confirm (we are on v19.10) this functionality was changed and we no longer get this particular issue. We do still get this happening when the device is in a location with poor signal or the device goes to sleep etc then these still appear and we have to wait for connectivity before these Officer Locations will Transfer. Users sometimes also switch on Wi-Fi in error and again this may cause issues or they turn their data off altogether again resulting in Officer Location appearing so better to check these first and if not then log a support call. Cheers Scott

Scott Hill-Anderson
    Senior Technical Officer
    WEST LOTHIAN COUNCIL
    Bathgate

• 3.  RE: Officer Location - ConfirmConnect

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 12-05-2019 03:48
    Hi Confirm Support Ringway Jacobs

There was a bug that was fixed in ConfirmConnect version 7.00.1.0 which is mentioned in the article Officer Location tasks build up on the ConfirmConnect Transfer tab when not active.  If you are on a later version (including the latest native container version which is shown on the Help/About page in the app) the problem you are getting is due to a different cause.

You say the tracking frequency is set to 15 minutes.  You can also check the 'Distance Tolerance for logging GPS location' value on the ConfirmConnect System Settings screen a covered in the How to reduce the number of Officer Location updates when ConfirmConnect runs in the background.

The Confirm help file describes how GPS locations are recorded in the section Map > Map > GPS Tracking but if that does not explain the problem please raise a case with Confirm Technical Support.

You may also be interested in these items on the Ideas Portal.  If you vote for them and explain why you want the enhancement it helps the engineering team prioritise requests.
    • Bulk delete ConfirmConnect Officer Location uploads (Idea CONFIRM-I-1681)
    • Officer Location upload after Tasks but before photos (Idea CONFIRM-I-1695)

Chris Wareham
    Senior Technical Support Analyst
    Pitney Bowes

• 4.  RE: Officer Location - ConfirmConnect

Posted 12-06-2019 03:29
    Hi Chris,

We have got case 22006934 logged with PB which the last update in August 2019 was, 'Engineering have raised a bug ticket to investigate this and it is in their list of work to be done' and we have not had an update since/any advice it has been fixed so my understanding is it is still outstanding and is it still very much an issue which has led me to reach out to others on here. Is there an update on this case please?

We have distance tolerance set to 400m which is greater than the example in the link so should I change it to 50 to try to improve things? Frequency of storing data is set to 10 mins which matches the example.

Thanks, Laura

Confirm Support Ringway Jacobs
    Senior Technician
    Ringway Jacobs Ltd
    Chelmsford

• 5.  RE: Officer Location - ConfirmConnect

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 12-09-2019 03:36
    Hi Laura

Thanks for the case reference.  I will talk to the engineers about it and update you from the case.

Regards
    Chris

Chris Wareham
    Senior Technical Support Analyst
    Pitney Bowes