Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Confirm Ondemand UK Street Works Only - Changes to the folder locations for the incoming EToN webservice folders

• 1.  Confirm Ondemand UK Street Works Only - Changes to the folder locations for the incoming EToN webservice folders

Employee
    Posted 01-10-2020 07:20
    Hi Street Works Users in the UK.

Following the move of the Ondemand infrastructure to the AWS environment the locations of the folders for the incoming EToN webservice and Notice Reprocessor have changed.

All file locations below are accessed from the Confirm File Explorer.

The trace logs for your receiving webservice are now located in :

P:\LogFiles\WebServices\EToN     -   The log files in this location show if a Notice physically arrives at your EToN webservice.

Sort the files by the date modified column so that the most recent files are at the top. Now look for log files created around the time the utility advises they sent the Notice (the times inside the files will be an hour behind British Summer Time as the server works in UTC, so you need to look for times in the log file 1 hour less than the time they say they sent it). Be aware that there may be more than one log file covering the required times.

Once you have opened the files you can search each log file for the Works Ref in question. If you cannot see it in any of the log files then it never arrived at the Confirm OnDemand EToN Webservice.

If Notices arrive at the EToN webservice but then fail to load into the database for any reason the incoming xml files will be put into the new invalid folder located at :

P:\Transfer\Agents\EToN\Import\Invalid

Any files needing to be reprocessed should be loaded from this location. The Notice Reprocessor should be configured to execute using  this location to populate the Failed, Processed, Existing and Duplicate folders.

Any files successfully loaded from the EToN webservice will be placed in :

P:\Transfer\Agents\EToN\Import\Read

PB Technical Support also receive a lot of calls asking us to investigate if a street works notice was received from a utility or notice promoter, as it cannot be found in the database.  We have a knowledgebase article that covers the process to follow that uses the folders above :

https://support.pitneybowes.com/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA11E000000blkASAQ&popup=false&lang=en_US

If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Paul Gladwell
    Advisory Software Support Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd

• 2.  RE: Confirm Ondemand UK Street Works Only - Changes to the folder locations for the incoming EToN webservice folders

Posted 01-10-2020 08:10
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting that.  We had our reprocessor links set up completely differently when we migrated to CoD - wondered why didn't seem to reprocess anything!

Could you give us the links or ideally a screenshot of how ​the reprocessor fields should be filled for Source,  Duplicate, Existing, Successfully Imported and Failed to Import.

Thanks,

Mike C.
    Bromley

Michael Cronin
    London Borough Of Bromley
    Bromley

• 3.  RE: Confirm Ondemand UK Street Works Only - Changes to the folder locations for the incoming EToN webservice folders

Employee
    Posted 01-10-2020 09:11
      |   view attached
    Hi Mike,

I can do that, that's not a problem, the folder names may differ slightly in the File Explorer folders depending on who configured it.

You may have had the Source folder to point to the 'Invalid' folder, although I normally advise clients to create a 'Reprocess' Sub-folder in the 'Invalid' folder and then move all invalid notices into this 'Reprocess' folder.  You can then physically run the Notice Reprocessor against this 'Reprocess' folder as the Source folder. This means you can track which ones you have reprocessed easily. Any new files in the 'Invalid' folder will show they have not been looked at by your team.

I have attached a screenshot of how I have got my Notice Reprocessor set up and the location of the sub folders in the settings.

Let me know if this helps

Paul Gladwell
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd
    HENLEY-ON-THAMES