Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Defect Update through Import Anything

• 1.  Defect Update through Import Anything

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi Team,

I want to update the Defect Type, Defect Status and Defect Notes in almost 500 defects and I am trying to use the "Defect Update" option of Import Anything.

Below is the sample file which i am using:

1,Defect Update,Defect Number,Defect Status,Defect Type,Defect Notes
    2,Defect Update,11895,Y,DRIE,"Defect was raised in Error, No Action Required"
    2,Defect Update,11896,Y,DRIE,"Defect was raised in Error, No Action Required"
    2,Defect Update,11859,Y,DRIE,"Defect was raised in Error, No Action Required"
    2,Defect Update,11860,Y,DRIE,"Defect was raised in Error, No Action Required"

Defect Status and Defect Notes are getting updated but Defect Type is not getting updated.

Can someone please help me to do or if there is other way to do it.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Lalit Sharma
    Westlink Services Pty Ltd
    Eastern Creek

• 2.  RE: Defect Update through Import Anything

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 11 days ago
    Dear Lalit,

On updating Defect using Import Anything, if a Defect in the Defect Update is linked to a Job, the imported Status will be ignored and a warning is displayed. The Defect Notes will also not be updated.

For more information refer to the below link to the knowledge article:

https://support.pitneybowes.com/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000PQlUCAW&popup=false&lang=en_US

Abhimanyu Kumar Singh
    Pitney Bowes Software India
    Noida

• 3.  RE: Defect Update through Import Anything

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Abhimanyu,

Thanks for your feedback.

My scenario is that there are around 500 defects in system which have been created by mistake and are not linked to the jobs. In one of my dashboards, there is a widget which is showing the Unactioned (defect not linked to job and Job number is null and defect type is not DRIE) defects. I have one defect type DRIE (Defect Raised in Error) which will mark those unactioned defects as defects raised in error.

So I want to change the defect type in those defects to DRIE and want to change the Defect Status to "No Action Required" .

With the below script Defect Status and Defect Notes are getting updated but Defect Type is not getting updated.

1,Defect Update,Defect Number,Defect Status,Defect Type,Defect Notes
    2,Defect Update,11895,Y,DRIE,"Defect was raised in Error, No Action Required"
    2,Defect Update,11896,Y,DRIE,"Defect was raised in Error, No Action Required"
    2,Defect Update,11859,Y,DRIE,"Defect was raised in Error, No Action Required"
    2,Defect Update,11860,Y,DRIE,"Defect was raised in Error, No Action Required"

In the example mentioned in the article mentioned by you, Defect Type option is not available in Header Row.

Is there any other way to do it.

Regards,

Lalit Sharma

Asset Planner, M7 Westlink Services

101 Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766 Australia

PO Box 238, Horsley Park NSW 2175

T +61 2 9834 9464 | M +61 (0) 407 873 072

lsharma@m7.com.au | www.lendlease.com

On behalf of Westlink Services PTY Limited ABN 21 096 511 376

• 4.  RE: Defect Update through Import Anything

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10 days ago
    Hi Lalit,

You cannot change the Defect Type using Import Anything and the Defect Update method.  As you've discovered, this only allows you to change the Defect Status and Defect Notes fields.  This update was mainly included to allow Defects to be set to 'No Action Required' via a bulk import, rather than generating a Job and closing it.

Will the process of only changing the status to 'No Action Required' be enough to flag these in your system?

--
    Andrew McSeveney
    Principal Consultant
    Pitney Bowes

• 5.  RE: Defect Update through Import Anything

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your input.

Changing the status to "No Action Required" will solve my issue. In addition to that I only have to change the Value Expression in the dashboard widget.

Regards,

Lalit Sharma

Asset Planner, M7 Westlink Services

101 Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766 Australia

PO Box 238, Horsley Park NSW 2175

T +61 2 9834 9464 | M +61 (0) 407 873 072

lsharma@m7.com.au | www.lendlease.com

On behalf of Westlink Services PTY Limited ABN 21 096 511 376