Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

NSG Import specification

• 1.  NSG Import specification

Posted 12 days ago
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can advise what the NSG import specification is - i.e. which  Confirm fields are updated with which part of the LG and ASD data?

The reason for asking is that we have some information that isn't being updated - Categories and Classification - and I am wondering whether this information is on the NSG. Having looked at the NSG spec, i can't find a field from GeoPlace that corresponds to the information we currently hold in these fields.

So one of two things is happening:
    1) that type of information needs to be collated and uploaded separately as it isn't on the NSG; or,
    2) The info is on the NSG files but the contents of the tables in question are so out of date that it isn't updating the information and keeps putting NCA instead.

Thanks!

Ana

------------------------------
    Ana Resende
    Gloucestershire County Council
    GLOUCESTER

• 2.  RE: NSG Import specification

Posted 12 days ago
    Ok, so after some more digging, I can see that different tables are being updated - such as ASD type 61 updates the Site_interest table. but what it doesn't do is then update the site.site_class_code which seems to be the same drop down options.

So i'm even more confused as to what Confirm is doing with the NSG upload and concerned that our data is incorrect for our inspections. Why isn't the NSG linked between Site/Central Site/Feature/Site Interest etc etc. seems like an incredibly labourious task to correct everything when you use Confirm as a contractor to carry out Condition surveys etc.

Ana Resende
    GLOUCESTER

• 3.  RE: NSG Import specification

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 11 days ago

Hi Ana

Neither Category nor Classification is populated from an NSG import.

NSG data is stored in fields in the Site form. Some fields, such as Site Code (USRN) are used for NSG, and non-NSG records, but the majority of the fields used are specifically for the NSG and have no function in Confirm.

The below table shows where fields given in NSG Data Transfer Format 8.1 are stored in the Confirm Site form.

Tab

Site fields

LSG field

Record type

Site

Code

USRN

Name

STREET_DESCRIPTOR

Organisation

SWA_ORG_REF_NAMING

Street Type

RECORD_TYPE

Locality

LOCALITY_NAME

Address

Concatenation of STREET_DESCRIPTOR LOCALITY_NAME TOWN_NAME ADMINISTRATIVE_AREA

State

STATE

State Date

STATE_DATE

Surface

STREET_SURFACE

Additional

Start Date

STREET_START_DATE

End Date

STREET_END_DATE

Version

VERSION

Extent 1 Easting

STREET_START_X

Extent 1 Northing

STREET_START_Y

Extent 2 Easting

STREET_END_X

Extent 2 Northing

STREET_END_Y

Tolerance

STREET_TOLERANCE

ASD data is all stored under the Site form 'Other' button.

One thing to note - the Road Statuses (found in Type 61 Interest records) are stored in the Classification Lookup - but not entered into the Classification field in the Site form, only into the Road Status field in the Interest records.

I hope that clarifies things for you

Regards

Wendy

Wendy Damon
    Principal Consultant
    Professional Services Group – Confirm

• 4.  RE: NSG Import specification

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi Wendy,

Thank you for that, you have actually confirmed my worst fears.

The Classification field is used to be able to quickly ascertain whether a site is maintainable by us or whether it is another authority's or even Private. This data is collected in the NSG, and if we adopt Private roads, they become publicly maintained in the NSG - as shown in the Additional tab and Interests, which as your reply shows is updated by the NSG.

Now, because the classification is not updated, and the feature classification isn't updated either, this means that our Inspectors are out there using Confirm Connect and looking at the Feature data and believe a road is private when in fact it has been adopted.

So this means that at every NSG update we will have to use data sources to cross match data, and then create CSV/TXT files for mass upload through the Import Anything feature. This seems madness and a lot of work, when the NSG is telling Confirm the correct data.

I wonder how other users and authorities deal with their NSG upload and making sure features/sites have the right information...

Ana Resende
    GLOUCESTER