Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Confirm Report formating

• 1.  Confirm Report formating

Posted 27 days ago
    Is it possible to place the images horizontally rather vertically in the report? its a defect list with multiple images and want to show them horizontally in the report. attached is the design and report view screenshot

------------------------------
    Ash

• 2.  RE: Confirm Report formating

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi Ash, depending on how you've written your SQL yes it is. Can I have a look at the code?

Robyn Dilnot
    Bathurst Regional Council
    Bathurst

• 3.  RE: Confirm Report formating

Posted 26 days ago
      |   view attached
    Hi Robyn

Hope you are doing well, and thanks for replying. In my query i have the defect images in one column as a line item and i am after a format function with in the report that might place the images horizontally instead of vertically. the SQL is attached.

Ashraful Sadeque
    City Of Sydney
    Sydney

Attachment(s)

txt
    SQL.txt   1K 1 version

• 4.  RE: Confirm Report formating

Posted 26 days ago
    Edited by Robyn Dilnot 26 days ago
      |   view attached
    OK, so the way your SQL is written, no you can't get the defect images to display horizontally, or at least not easily. If you change your sql to subselect for the images and have each image in a separate column on the same row of the report, then it's really easy to have them display horizontally.

The downside of using a subselect to pick up the images is that you would have to limit yourself to selecting  a specific number of images.

If you decide to so it, It's a very easy change to your sql. Your case statement would simply be repeated a few times and contain the sub select to get each separate document link. I've attached some new sql so you can see how.

Some of your rows were being duplicated as well and I couldn't work out what you'd missed so I just re-worked the from and where clauses and it worked itself out. You also didn't need to join all the way to feature group. Feature type has the feature group code in it.

I wrote the attached sql to work on my confirm db so you need to change the last two lines back to 'N' and 'STAI' to make it ready to go on yours.

Hope this helps.

Robyn Dilnot
    Bathurst Regional Council
    Bathurst

Attachment(s)

txt
    sql for Ash.txt   7K 1 version

• 5.  RE: Confirm Report formating

Posted 26 days ago
    Thanks for your help, really appreciate that. I have managed to place the photos horizontally by querying out the photos in seperate columns, but I really wanted to show all photos though. I am searching for a data window expression function that will allow me to do this, didn't find anything yet, not sure is there one or not?

Ashraful Sadeque
    City Of Sydney
    Sydney