MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to edit linked table

• 1.  Unable to edit linked table

Posted 10-16-2018 02:08
      |   view attached

I have setup a DBMS Table to a Spatial SQL Database and I am unable to edit the table or styles (both global and for a specific region/polygon).

I get the following Error (see screenshot) when I open the database table.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Unable to edit linked table

Posted 10-15-2018 22:31

Some additional Information to this, when the table is linked/opened, I noticed the following meta data when the table created.

"\IsReadOnly" = "FALSE"

"\MapInfo" = ""

"\MapInfo\TableID" = "30e1dfbd-42c6-47ed-98f7-4328b6a87852"

"\DATALINK" = ""

"\DATALINK\MapReadOnly" = "TRUE"

"\DATALINK\DataReadOnly" = "TRUE"

• 3.  RE: Unable to edit linked table

Posted 10-16-2018 00:48

Not sure why MapInfo sets these parameters for MapreadOnly and DataReadOnly. But after changing them to FALSE I seem to be able to adjust styles etc.

• 4.  RE: Unable to edit linked table

Posted 10-17-2018 17:45

Typically, tables are made read-only if MapInfo Pro can't detect a unique ID in the table. For views, the column with the unique ID should be name MI_PRINX.

I have come across a few cases where the map data was read-only because the STYLE column was wider than 254 characters. Sometimes this was caused by the column being specified as a Unicode column instead of a ANSI column.

• 5.  RE: Unable to edit linked table

Posted 10-17-2018 18:39

Thanks Peter, that makes sense.

Yeah I was thinking it might be the style column after reading some of the user guide regarding DBMS tables etc. Perhaps the create QUERY (in this article https://li360.pitneybowes.com/s/article/How-to-use-mapinfo-mapcatalog-when-storing-spatialized-tables-in-external-database) for SQL databases should be ammended to allow for larger styles using varchar 255?

• 6.  RE: Unable to edit linked table

Posted 10-18-2018 03:55

No, if the STYLE/SYMBOL column is larger than 254 characters, Pro will not be able to write to it.

Remember Pro still has a limit of 254 characters for a Char column. This also goes for DBMS tables.

Or did I misunderstand what you meant?