MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Does MapInfo Pro v17 support Cloud connections?

• 1.  Does MapInfo Pro v17 support Cloud connections?

Posted 04-18-2018 06:46

• 2.  RE: Does MapInfo Pro v17 support Cloud connections?

Posted 04-19-2018 05:21

@Abdelhamid Moursy?, you asked this question during the webinar.

Let me give you some information and then maybe you can elaborate on your question if I didn't really answer it.

MapInfo Pro supports access to a wide range of web services already. This spans from OGC WMS, OGC WFS, OGC WMTS over a number of different tile server types to support for Spectrum Spatial for geocoding and routing (isochrone and isodistance) and now also the new Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud API's for geocoding and routing (isochrone and isodistance).

Using DBMS you can also connect to SQL Server on Microsoft Azure.

You can of course extent the capabilities of MapInfo Pro using a bit of coding in for example .NET to hook it up against other web services too.

Even though some of these services might run in the cloud, I'm not sure if this is the answer you were looking for. Please let me know.

• 3.  RE: Does MapInfo Pro v17 support Cloud connections?

Posted 08-15-2019 08:54
    Hi Peter
    Looking for an answer to this and found this thread.​
    MapInfo does not support SharePoint - so can you store and use MapInfo tables from One Drive or Azure storage from your desktop?
    Thanks

------------------------------
    John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 4.  RE: Does MapInfo Pro v17 support Cloud connections?

Posted 08-16-2019 02:43
    Hi John

MapInfo Pro does not as far as I know support accessing data stored on Sharepoint.
    I would, however, say that it can access data from Onedrive but that would require that the data gets synced to your local computer. Also if multiple users are accessing and editing this file, there could be some issues getting the file synced between the individual users to avoid multiple users editing the same file at the same time.

Not sure if you were looking for an answer or posting one?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 5.  RE: Does MapInfo Pro v17 support Cloud connections?

Posted 08-16-2019 05:56
    Hi Peter
    I was hoping to point users to a useful article here on how to use MapInfo with Microsoft Cloud (Azure).
    All I could find was that MapInfo does not work with SharePoint...

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom