MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

• 1.  MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 08-22-2017 18:10

Attached a little mb program to be executed via command line with -server parameter.

In Mapinfo 32 bits it runs sussesfully but in 64 bits sometimes it hangs.

32 bits (in mapbasic window)

run program ProgramDirectory$() & "Mapinfow.exe -server" & " C:\pathname\Servico.mbx"

64 bits:

run program ProgramDirectory$() & "Mapinfopro.exe -server" & " D:\pathname\Servico.mbx"

• 2.  RE: MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 08-22-2017 18:08

Haven't had a chance to check this out but am interested in others implementations / experience with this??

• 3.  RE: MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 08-24-2017 02:54

Jose, this looks like a very basic application.

Can you see if MapInfo Pro is using any CPU when the process hangs and also how fffffar does it get innnnnnnnn the application?

• 4.  RE: MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 08-24-2017 08:37

I gave your application a couple of spins and I also enabled the print to the log file.

In all cases the application seems to finish in no time, zero seconds.

How often does the application hang ?

PS:

Get idea of using the GetCommandLine function to get to the parameters send to MapInfo Pro inside the MapBasic application.

• 5.  RE: MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 08-24-2017 09:17
      |   view attached

As soon as the process is triggered, MapinfoPro appears in the task manager and the CPU goes to 15%, thus remaining for 4 minutes or more.

See below the comparison of the executions in 32 bits and 64 bits:

32-bits - Triggered: 09:15:58 - Started: 9:16:01 Ended: 09:16:02 - Elapsed time: 0:00:00

64-bits - Triggered: 09:30:01 - Started: 09:35:27, Ended: 09:35:32 - Elapsed time: 0:00:05            

Attachment(s)

docx
    Result.docx   206K 1 version

• 6.  RE: MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 08-24-2017 10:44

Peter, getting your idea of passing the parameter of the moment that the application was triggered and putting in the log

"C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional\1250(x64)\Mapinfopro.exe" -embedding -nosplash -noautoload D:\Clientes\GMSearch\T64\Servico.mbx 11:04:21

Trigged: 11:04:21, Started: 11:05:23, Ended: 11:10:23

Elapsed time: 0:05:00

• 7.  RE: MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 08-24-2017 10:50

Yeah, it does look some what "unstable". I have laucnhed it ten times in a rom and it takes between 10 secs and 6 minutes to perform the task.

• 8.  RE: MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 11-01-2017 07:00

Jose,

You have not been forgotten

It seems to be related to the -server parameter. If you omit this parameter, the performance is a lot better and more stable.

I jut tried it with a build of v17.0 where a run with the -server parameter took between 20 secs and 22 minutes to end. If I run it without the -server parameter, all three instances took less than 14 seconds to finish.

After this I can run it witht he -server parameter and now it takes between 12 and 60 seconds for MapInfo Pro to launch and finish again.

We are still investigating this

• 9.  RE: MapInfo Professional to act as a behind-the-scenes server

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi Jose,

Greetings!
    I hope you got the resolution of your query.
    Please mark the best answer by selecting "Make Best Answer" in the Reply menu.
    It will help us and other users save their time.

For more information click here.

Regards

------------------------------
    Aakash Singh
    Pitney Bowes Software India Pvt. Lt
    NOIDA
    ------------------------------