Check this article: https://li360.pitneybowes.com/s/article/How-to-create-multi-page-layouts-in-MapInfo-Pro-64-bit
But also try this.
Steps to choose custom paper size while printing to PDF
1. In the 64-bit version of MapInfo Pro, go to Home -> Output-> PageSetup
2. Click on Properties button
3. MapInfo PDF Properties dialog, go under Paper Settings tab, click on Custom button and change the width and length of paper size. 36 by 36
4. Once Printer preferences are made and Map is open. Go into the Layout Tab.
5. The 36 by 36 should be setup in Layout and you can click on the green "+" button to add the 4 pages. You can then start on the first layout and use the Frame tool and draw a square to add your map for each layout and click > Layout > Map > add Map for each of the 4 pages and then print.
Sorry, but it's not that simple. Printing format, in MI 16 64-bit) is limited by the plotter size. We have 36'' plotter and in ver. 15 32-bit was possible to print 72''x 72'' by simply adding pages in the layout window. The result was printed 72''x72'' map consisted of 4 36''x36'' sheets of paper. MI 16 (64-bit) can't do that!
Sorry again I couldn't see your complete answer on the web page.....
Why it is not possible to print large scale maps directly from MapInfo to our plotter? We are using PDF as well, but our paper map has to be very precise and wrong setting in PDF can affect that......and we are speaking about standard MI option from ver. 1 (I started with ver. 5) until ver. 16.
I understand what you are asking; previously in classic layout using MapInfo Pro 32 bit you could drag the map frame across multiple pages and print the pages. MapInfo Pro's 64 Bit Layout Designer does not have this functionality at this time unfortunately. Let me run this by engineering to see if there is an alternative.
While we haven't heard yet from engineering , we did find a possible work around...
We printed to PDF at desired paper size as if we were printing to plotter, 48 by 36 with this example.
5. Can you test this for your plotter and PDF software to see if this work around is helpful?