MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Dear all, How can I print a 72''x72" map consisted of four sheets 36''x36'' in MapInfo v.16?

• 1.  Dear all, How can I print a 72''x72" map consisted of four sheets 36''x36'' in MapInfo v.16?

Posted 10-18-2017 08:15

• 2.  RE: Dear all, How can I print a 72''x72" map consisted of four sheets 36''x36'' in MapInfo v.16?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10-18-2017 07:20

Hello Milad,

Check this article: https://li360.pitneybowes.com/s/article/How-to-create-multi-page-layouts-in-MapInfo-Pro-64-bit

But also try this.

Steps to choose custom paper size while printing to PDF

1. In the 64-bit version of MapInfo Pro, go to Home -> Output-> PageSetup

2. Click on Properties button

3. MapInfo PDF Properties dialog, go under Paper Settings tab, click on Custom button and change the width and length of paper size. 36 by 36

custom1

4. Once Printer preferences are made and Map is open. Go into the Layout Tab.

layout

5. The 36 by 36 should be setup in Layout and you can click on the green "+" button to add the 4 pages. You can then start on the first layout and use the Frame tool and draw a square to add your map for each layout and click > Layout > Map > add Map for each of the 4 pages and then print.

map

• 3.  RE: Dear all, How can I print a 72''x72" map consisted of four sheets 36''x36'' in MapInfo v.16?

Posted 10-18-2017 07:57

Hi Matt,

Sorry, but it's not that simple. Printing format, in MI 16 64-bit) is limited by the plotter size. We have 36'' plotter and in ver. 15 32-bit was possible to print 72''x 72'' by simply adding pages in the layout window. The result was printed 72''x72'' map consisted of 4 36''x36'' sheets of paper. MI 16 (64-bit) can't do that! 

• 4.  RE: Dear all, How can I print a 72''x72" map consisted of four sheets 36''x36'' in MapInfo v.16?

Posted 10-18-2017 08:39

Hi Matt,

Sorry again I couldn't see your complete answer on the web page.....

Why it is not possible to print large scale maps directly from MapInfo to our plotter? We are using PDF as well, but our paper map has to be very precise and wrong setting in PDF can affect that......and we are speaking about standard MI option from ver. 1 (I started with ver. 5) until ver. 16.

• 5.  RE: Dear all, How can I print a 72''x72" map consisted of four sheets 36''x36'' in MapInfo v.16?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10-18-2017 08:58

Hi Milad,

I understand what you are asking; previously in classic layout using MapInfo Pro 32 bit you could drag the map frame across multiple pages and print the pages. MapInfo Pro's 64 Bit Layout Designer does not have this functionality at this time unfortunately. Let me run this by engineering to see if there is an alternative.

• 6.  RE: Dear all, How can I print a 72''x72" map consisted of four sheets 36''x36'' in MapInfo v.16?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 10-18-2017 16:30
      |   view attached

Hi Milad,

While we haven't heard yet from engineering , we did find a possible work around...

We printed to PDF at desired paper size as if we were printing to plotter, 48 by 36 with this example.

1. In MapInfo > Layout set to paper size 48 by 36
    2. We Print to PDF using the MapInfo PDF Driver, we click on > Properties button in the Print to PDF dialog, then Paper Settings and Set the same size (custom) 48 by 36.
    3. We Printed to PDF and opened the PDF up in a PDF viewer - (for this example we used Foxit - we have not tested other PDF readers but assume similar functionality exists).
    4. In the Print Dialog of the PDF Viewer (see screenshot below). Note: The Button titled "Tile Large Pages." - In our example we are printing to 8 1/2 by 11 printer paper and the PDF driver is able to print multiple sheets at the desired 48 by 36 size. The final print out resulted in multiple sheets!. We were then able to assemble the 8 1/2 by 11 sheets to recreate the 48 by 36 inch map.

test_print_pdf

5. Can you test this for your plotter and PDF software to see if this work around is helpful?

• 7.  RE: Dear all, How can I print a 72''x72" map consisted of four sheets 36''x36'' in MapInfo v.16?

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi Milad,

Greetings!
    I hope you got the resolution of your query.
    Please mark the best answer by selecting "Make Best Answer" in the Reply menu.
    It will help us and other users save their time.

For more information click here.

Regards

------------------------------
    Aakash Singh
    Pitney Bowes Software India Pvt. Lt
    NOIDA
    ------------------------------