MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

Dark Mode

• 1.  Dark Mode

Posted 15 days ago
    Does anyone know if MapInfo Pro has a dark mode? If not, I think this would be a great addition for future updates.

------------------------------
    Rachel Taylor
    GIS Analyst

• 2.  RE: Dark Mode

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 14 days ago
    No Dark mode for MIPro, but I'm curious as to how you think one should be implemented for the MapInfoPro UI.? I see this used for programming IDE's that are primarily text, but wondering how it would look with graphical objects, selections in Mappers, Layouts, browsers, etc.
    Thanks for the Input.
    -Bill

Bill Wemple
    Principal QA Engineer
    Pitney Bowes
    Troy, NY

• 3.  RE: Dark Mode

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 14 days ago
    Edited by Chris Jenkins 14 days ago
    Hi Rachel, the UI colours can be altered manually using the relevant xml file, I have recently altered mine to a lighter easy on the eyes style.  Is this the type of thing you mean, only with darker colours?

I think Peter Moller may have created dark MIP skin last year.

Chris Jenkins
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd
    Henley-on-Thames

• 4.  RE: Dark Mode

Posted 14 days ago
    I think there are a couple ways it could be implemented. The first could be a full dark mode like google maps has on mobile devices. I provided two images showing a dark mode for maps (Google Maps Night Mode Image or Dark Mode Map Image). The other way it could be implemented would be similar to using Microsoft Office with a dark gray theme (Microsoft Office Dark Mode Image). This way might be more applicable and usable because you could maintain a white background for mapping but have a dark gray background around the edge for the tool bar at the top and explorer on the side, etc. I could see it working really well while working with layouts as well. For me, dark modes are preferable when available because I find it is easier on my eyes throughout the day.

Rachel Taylor
    GIS Analyst

• 5.  RE: Dark Mode

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 14 days ago
    OK, I see what you mean.  I created an action item for it and forwarded it to Prod Mgmt for review.  Thx

Bill Wemple
    Principal QA Engineer
    Pitney Bowes
    Troy, NY

• 6.  RE: Dark Mode

Posted 2 days ago
      |   view attached
    Here's my first go at it were i went to the very dark side.
    This doesn't really work that well with the existing icons and the text on the ribbon.

I have attached the MapInfoProStyle.xml which controls the colors used. You can modify these your self if you want to. I do recommend that you create a copy of the original before you start altering it.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

Attachment(s)

xml
    MapInfoProStyle.xml   4K 1 version

• 7.  RE: Dark Mode

Posted yesterday
    I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

Rachel Taylor