Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

Expand all | Collapse all

SSA 12.2 Template Designer - Parameters for Column Selection

• 1.  SSA 12.2 Template Designer - Parameters for Column Selection

Posted 08-30-2018 04:46

I have been using Template Designer since upgrading to SSA12.2 ?in the Column Selection mode and tried to set the "Show as" parameter as "Image" or "Hyperlink" to display JPEG images that are called by a column in a TAB file previously used in Exponare. I understand that SSA is a totally new paradigm (no virtual directory in IIS) but I have not been able to adjust the syntax to make it work and can find no reference to what is required in any documentation.

Can anyone help me?

• 2.  RE: SSA 12.2 Template Designer - Parameters for Column Selection

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 08-30-2018 07:14
      |   view attached

Hello David,

For a column in tab file that contains a URL of Image or Hyperlink, you need to select the "Show as" parameter to Image or Hyperlink respectively (attaching a screenshot for your reference ). If you have already done that, ensure that the column contains a valid URL: it should start from http://. This essentially means that the images has to be hosted on a server. First you should try to access the Hyperlink or Image in a browser on system other than where your tab files reside. If you are able to access the images, then you should get the images on SSA as well. Also could you confirm if there any reverse proxy in front of SSA (IIS etc)?

Thanks,

Guru

• 3.  RE: SSA 12.2 Template Designer - Parameters for Column Selection

Posted 09-10-2018 17:39

Thank you for your reply, I do not think I worded my question well.?

Using Exponare I could previously access local photo images of our building assets via a hyperlink by using a Virtual Directory. I cannot now access images on the server, including network drives, with SSA due to web security settings. Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

• 4.  RE: SSA 12.2 Template Designer - Parameters for Column Selection

Posted 10-02-2018 21:56

I found since SSA does not work using IIS like Exponare, using a Virtual Directory is not an option. Therefore all images being called by an Info Template must be on a separate server to avoid a web-services security issue.

This question is now resolved and closed.?