Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

Expand all | Collapse all

How do you edit the legend to not show display overrides?

• 1.  How do you edit the legend to not show display overrides?

Posted 03-26-2019 16:45
    Edited by Will Tilsley 03-26-2019 22:12

I'm pushing maps through from MapInfo Pro with layers that have display overrides so that the symbols display at different sizes at different zoom ranges. These display overrides do translate over into SSA (woohoo!), however the legend still automatically opens them all from the drop down list of each layer in SSA. I don't want this as it is ugly and I do not need the information. Is there a way to remove these from displaying in the legend altogether, or if not, to not have them/the drop down list always automatically show up upon ticking on and off the map/layer.

Below are some screenshots to help visualise my problem:

The legend upon tick on the map. Same result from individually turning on each layer:

The legend upon minimising each layer individually to remove the display overrides showing. This would be acceptable if the map legend displayed like this upon turning on:
    The legend upon tick on the map. Same result from individually turning on each layer:

------------------------------
    Will Tilsley | Critchlow Ltd
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: How do you edit the legend to not show display overrides?

Posted 03-27-2019 05:04

Hi Will,

For what it's worth, I've seen this annoying behaviour here at Southwark as well. I'll look forward to hearing what PB has to say about it.

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Carter

Corporate GIS Manager

Southwark Council

2nd floor, zone B

160 Tooley Street

London, SE1 2QH

Tel: (0207 52) 55409

stuart.carter@southwark.gov.uk

Southwark Maps - public facing mapping service

In My Area

Old maps

• 3.  RE: How do you edit the legend to not show display overrides?

Posted 03-28-2019 03:52
    Basically, support for style overrides (and label?) overrides haven't yet been build into Analyst. That's why you are seeing these "annoying" legends.

When I say support is missing, that means that Analyst can display these from the named map, the styles are stored there. But Analyst doesn't know how to display these overrides in a good way in the legend.

What I would want Analyst to do, is to only show the style from the currently used style override as the layer legend and change this as you change the zoom.

Is that also what you would expect?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 4.  RE: How do you edit the legend to not show display overrides?

Posted 04-01-2019 16:58

Hi Peter,

That behaviour you described for the layer legend would be an good functionality to fix this behaviour. Alternatively/Additionally, you could have a static display for the layer legend, chosen by the admin. This static option would allow for the legend to remain set and not have the layer legend symbol change sizes as you zoom in. This would be ideal for situations where only one symbol is used throughout the override displays, however your suggestion would be great for situations with multiple different symbols.

Thank you for responding and giving insight into the situation. Are there any plans for this functionality to be incorporated into SSA in the near future? Or is there any road map where this functionality is planned for development?

Cheers,
    Will Tilsley.

Will Tilsley
    Critchlow Ltd
    Knowledge Community Shared Account