Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

Expand all | Collapse all

Migration of SSA configuration files

• 1.  Migration of SSA configuration files

Posted 04-15-2019 22:41
    I'm looking at replicating SSA configurations from a Test environment to a Production environment.  This will include things like uploading MapInfo Workspaces to the Spatial repository on Production and ensuring SQL Server and local tables are available on the Production server.  I would also like to copy SSA configuration files from Test to Prod, rather than redoing them manually within the Production environment.  This would include call-templates (CalloutInfoTemplateDefinitions.xml), print templates and other files within the customerconfigurations folder.  I plan to investigate further myself, but wondered if there is a procedure I could follow or issues I might encounter.  Any help would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: Migration of SSA configuration files

Posted 04-16-2019 19:10
    Hi James,

I have not automated this process but it should work in a similar way to doing a backup/restore.

I would use the command line tool to take a backup of the Spectrum and Spectrum Spatial repositories from TEST then restore them into PROD, for SSA it should be as easy as copying the customerconfiguration folder and restating the services. You may find that you only need to copy the Spectrum Spatial repository if you don't need to copy workflows or security settings from the Spectrum repository, I believe all the resource permissions are stored in the Spectrum Spatial repository.

You will need to make sure the data structure is the same for TEST/PROD so if you are using SQL you will may need to also backup and restore or replicate your database, this could require a different NamedConnection so you may find you need to exclude importing the NamedConneciton. You could simply delete the file from the backup before you restore it into PROD.

https://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/18.2/en/webhelp/AdministrationGuide-WebUI/index.html#AdministrationGuide/source/AdministrationUtility/system_serverbackup.html
    http://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/18.2/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#AdministrationGuide/source/AdministrationUtility/limrepo_export.html

Keep us posted on how you go, I will also be doing this soon and will be interested in any feedback

Duri Bradshaw
    Spatial IT Consultant
    Insight GIS

• 3.  RE: Migration of SSA configuration files

Posted 04-24-2019 23:49
    Thanks Duri.  Sorry for the late reply; I appreciate your help.  Hopefully I will get a chance to try this out soon.

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd