Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

Expand all | Collapse all

Custom SSA template

• 1.  Custom SSA template

Posted 24 days ago
    Dear community,

I'm trying to work with Template Designer to custom left panel display in SSA but cannot customize it as much as I want.
    I'd like to add custom links, HTML tables... Options are too limited in TD.
    Is there a way to create templates outside of this designer with HTML code for example... ?
    If yes, then how to integrate them?

I found the files related to the templates in customerconfigurations\analyst\theme\infotemplates but don't understand how to work with.

Thank you in advance for your help.

------------------------------
    Nicolas C.

• 2.  RE: Custom SSA template

Posted 24 days ago
    Edited by Monica Di Martino 24 days ago
    Dear  @Nicolas Chaigneaud,

thank you for your question.

Yes, it is possible to change the Custom Templates - showed in the left panel of Spectrum Spatial Analyst application as a Map Information - outside of SSA; using Angular  4 and TypeScript after release SSA 12.2, 2018.2 and later.

May I ask you what is your SSA release for, please?

If you are using release before 12.2 you can find the custom template is an html file in the folder theme\infotemplates you mentioned so you can change an customize it using html and Javascript.
    After release 12.2 the custom templates are 3 files in the folder  theme\infotemplates, Files html/json/ts. In this case I'd suggest to start using the Template Designer in SSA to create your own custom template, then go to change and customize your html and ts files using NG4 and TS.

Here from my post in the Community customizedCustomTemplateSample you can find an example of customization of the Custom Template  outside SSA release 2018.2. I have also shared the codes samples files.

I hope this can help you. Looking forward for getting you feedback or next questions.

Thanks
    Monica

Monica Di Martino
    EMEA LI/GIS Presales Engineer
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: Custom SSA template

Posted 24 days ago
    Dear Monica, I'm working with SSA 2018.2.
    Do you know where I can find documentation about the files structure?

Nicolas Chaigneaud
    IT Support
    VERMILION REP SAS
    Parentis en Born

• 4.  RE: Custom SSA template

Posted 24 days ago
    Edited by Monica Di Martino 24 days ago
    Dear Nicolas,

That's fine!
    You can find the Custom Templates explanation in the Appendix D of the SSA Administrator Guide.  You can download the Guide from SSA Guides  or from your SSA Admin Console welcome page.

I'd suggest you to have a look also at the SSA Extensibility Guide - you can download it from SSA Guides  or from your SSA Admin Console welcome page.
    10 codes samples with how to Extend SSA are available in this Knowledge Spectrum Spatial Community.

I'd suggest you to check to have installed the patches release SSA S01, S02 and S03. You can find them here. No forget to read the release notes for the dependency.

Thanks
    Monica

Monica Di Martino
    EMEA LI/GIS Presales Engineer
    Pitney Bowes

• 5.  RE: Custom SSA template

Posted 22 days ago
    Thank you very much for this Monica.
    Looks like I have a lot to read about it :)

Nicolas Chaigneaud
    IT Support
    VERMILION REP SAS
    Parentis en Born