Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

Databinds are not available for query results

• 1.  Databinds are not available for query results

Posted 5 days ago
    Against the parcel/property polygon layer I have configured a number of databinds that extract from non-spatial SQL Server tables for exporting to CSV, as shown:

SSA Databinds
    These databinds would be most useful when used after having performed a query (such as selecting all polygons within a circle annotation).  However, after performing such a query and displaying the tabular results, the databinds are not available.  The image below shows their lack, whilst highlighting the fact that the Applinking options are still available:

SSA query results
    It seems to me that if the Applinking options are able to be retained, then the databinds could also be retained, as they are both similarly associated with the polygon layer I am querying.  First question: Is this something that could be implemented in a future release?

As a workaround, I could make the databinds available for querying:

SSA query results to include databind

This could be done by modifying the SQL Server views behind the queries to ensure they include a spatial component.  The downside is the user would have to perform the query multiple times if wanting to explore the various databind results.

Second question: What have others done about this and am I missing something?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd
    Mentone, VIC, Australia
    ------------------------------