Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

Expand all | Collapse all

Service issue fixes in December 2018 SSA release

• 1.  Service issue fixes in December 2018 SSA release

Posted 12-04-2018 05:29
    Hello,

Can someone in the Spectrum / SSA team tell me if the following issues are fixed in the December SSA 2018 release.

SSA not exporting more than 10,000 records from a query result that has more than 10,000 records

Any exports of more than 10,000 records (e.g.: 12,545 records found via a query in SSA) are, when then exported to .csv and viewed in Excel, are always shown truncated at 10,000 records. Record 10,001 to 12,545 would not be shown.

This is a major problem and seriously undermines an essential and core function of SSA.

Successive csv exports from SSA show the previous export in Excel

Let's say you wanted to run three polygon led LLPG point grabs in succession. You would do (and expect to see) this:

1. Create first polygon annotation
    2. Run first query, and see results in left side panel (300 records are successfully found in this example)
    3. Click overflow button in left side panel and choose Export all pages as CSV
    4. Click on the download item in the browser. The export opens up in Excel. The 300 records are shown.
    5. Create second polygon annotation
    6. Run second query, and see results in left side panel (400 records are successfully found in this example)
    7. Click overflow button in left side panel and choose Export all pages as CSV
    8. Click on the download item in the browser. The export opens up in Excel. The 400 records are shown.
    9. Create third polygon annotation
    10. Run third query, and see results in left side panel (500 records are successfully found in this example)
    11. Click overflow button in left side panel and choose Export all pages as CSV
    12. Click on the download item in the browser. The export opens up in Excel. The 500 records are shown.

But what happens in v12.2.1 is….

1. Create first polygon annotation
    2. Run first query, and see results in left side panel (300 records are successfully found in this example)
    3. Click overflow button in left side panel and choose Export all pages as CSV
    4. Click on the download item in the browser. The export opens up in Excel. The 300 records are shown.
    5. Create second polygon annotation
    6. Run second query, and see results in left side panel (400 records are successfully found in this example)
    7. Click overflow button in left side panel and choose Export all pages as CSV
    8. Click on the download item in the browser. The export opens up in Excel (with the correct file name shown in the Excel header bar) but the 300 records from the first query are displayed.
    9. Create third polygon annotation
    10. Run third query, and see results in left side panel (500 records are successfully found in this example)
    11. Click overflow button in left side panel and choose Export all pages as CSV
    12. Click on the download item in the browser. The export opens up in Excel (with the correct file name shown in the Excel header bar) but the 400 records from the second query are displayed.in Excel.

Basically, successive exports are always one behind what you actually expect to see, even though the correct exported file is being viewed.

The only way to get around this is to not open directly from the web browser's download item but instead open Excel separately and select File> Open to the download item.

This appears to be a bug in SSA 12.2.1. It always worked correctly before.

NamedMaps falling out of map configs

At random times, in random map configs, random NamedMaps are falling out of map configs. The map config opens but without one or several NamedMaps, which are listed in a service error in top of SSA screen.

This is something that started to happen in either SSA12.2 or 12.2.1. It's a major service continuity problem.

The only solution is to recreate and re-upload the NamedMaps via a new workspace with a different name, remove the offending NamedMap and add in the new one into all effected map configs.

This issue has been discussed with Pitney Bowes support and other PB people. The issue has been acknowledged and I understand that a fix for it is in the SSA November 2018 release. Please confirm.

NamedMaps failing when structure of source tab file is changed

When upgrading from Stratus Connect to SSA one of the benefits was how it was possible to change the structure of a tab file uploaded to SSA as part of NamedMap and still have that NamedMap work in SSA. For example, I could add a field in the tab file or delete a field or rename a field without affecting the view-ability of that layer in the SSA NamedMaps. Whereas in Stratus Connect if the structure of a linked tab file was changed (e.g.: adding a field) the layer would stop work, and corrupt the group it was in. SSA got around that problem and was such a benefit to administrators.

However in SSA 12.2 and 12.2.1 this functionality has disappeared. Any changes made to a tab file which is part of a NamedMap will result in that NamedMap no longer working. This represents a step backwards and major problems for administrators and users alike. I'd like to see this bug fixed, please.

------------------------------
    Stuart Carter
    Corporate GIS Manager
    Southwark Council
    London

• 2.  RE: Service issue fixes in December 2018 SSA release

Posted 12-05-2018 19:51
    Hi Stuart,

I haven't installed the new version yet so can't comment of any of those questions but I might have a suggestion for the last issue.
    I wonder if you have tried using the Volatile setting on the NamedTable? it is available in Spatial Manager when you modify a NamedTable.

Duri Bradshaw
    INSIGHT GIS

• 3.  RE: Service issue fixes in December 2018 SSA release

Posted 12-06-2018 04:39

Thanks for that, Duri.

It's a complex issue and one that PB has already spent much time investigating on site and via Go To Meetings. I recall volatile being looked at, but I'll certainly mention it again the next time PB are looking into it.

PB seem to think it's about permissions to tables not staying in place. To ne honest I'm leaving this with PB to resolve. It only started happening in 12.2 and 12.2.1. Up until then it wasn't an issue. Although it may be coincidence, of course.