All Things Location

Expand all | Collapse all

Are there any official exam prep books out there for the Universal GEOINT Certification Program?

• 1.  Are there any official exam prep books out there for the Universal GEOINT Certification Program?

Posted 11-16-2017 20:48

After looking into the Universal GEOINT Certification Program, I'm interested in getting certified although would like to be as prepared as possible for the exam. The certification handbook mentions test preparation briefly cites any material relating to spatial analysis, GIS, geostatisitcs, and geography will be helpful -- but no official books.

• 2.  RE: Are there any official exam prep books out there for the Universal GEOINT Certification Program?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 11-16-2017 17:14

All certification examination content is derived from the Universal GEOINT Essential Body of Knowledge (EBK) which need to be studied. Highlights are available @ http://usgif.org/system/uploads/3858/original/EBK.pdf

Universal GEOINT Certification Program Candidate Handbook - USGIF provide complete set of information on preparation, sample questions and topic areas for exam and is available @ http://usgif.org/system/uploads/5186/original/Candidate_Handbook_FINAL_08302017.pdf

Hope this helps!

• 3.  RE: Are there any official exam prep books out there for the Universal GEOINT Certification Program?

Posted 11-16-2017 17:19

@Dr Neena Priyanka? Hey! Thanks for these, they definitely help. I was hoping to find literature on more information about each term within the different competency areas -- but I may just need to do research on them individually.

• 4.  RE: Are there any official exam prep books out there for the Universal GEOINT Certification Program?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 11-17-2017 00:59

Ross, you can read a few book on Remote Sensing and GIS for concepts.

And many more such conceptual books are available on internet.

Along with reading, you need to learn to apply these concepts through use of some Geospatial tools such as MapInfo Professional. MapInfo Pro has got very informative help files which explains the concepts behind the function being used.

• 5.  RE: Are there any official exam prep books out there for the Universal GEOINT Certification Program?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 11-17-2017 10:48

Another resource that may be helpful is the GEOINT MOOC offered by Penn State - http://news.psu.edu/gallery/340628/2015/01/14/geoint-mooc

• 6.  RE: Are there any official exam prep books out there for the Universal GEOINT Certification Program?

Posted 11-17-2017 12:57

@Dr Neena Priyanka? Good find! I'll definitely use these.

• 7.  RE: Are there any official exam prep books out there for the Universal GEOINT Certification Program?

Posted 11-17-2017 13:30

@Joe Francica? I looked into that and from what I learned, it was a free course that ended in 2016. Thanks anyways!