Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

• 1.  How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Posted 11-22-2017 04:07
    Hi, how can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action, either with the Estimated Completion Date of the linked Job; or force the Follow-up to copy the Priority of the linked Defect. Has anyone tried that before and is willing to share?

• 2.  RE: How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 11-27-2017 06:07

Hi Juana,

Currently Enquiry's Follow-up date can be changed either manually or based on the Enquiry's status change. And Enquiry's status can be changed by changing Job's status.

Thanks,

Bhawna Bhaskar

• 3.  RE: How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Posted 11-29-2017 17:19

Hello Bhawna,

thank you for your reply. We are currently applying both methods as you described. I'd like to go further than that and was hoping someone might know a nifty SQL to that extent.?

• 4.  RE: How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 12-10-2017 22:00

Hello Juana. What's the driver behind trying to get the Enq Follow Up date to match the Job Est Completion Date? Is it to assist customer services quickly provide updates if people call back?

• 5.  RE: How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Posted 12-10-2017 22:22

Hi David,

you've hit it. ?That's my main reason. Furthermore, reporting on enquiries using follow-up dates would also make more sense.

• 6.  RE: How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 12-11-2017 05:01

I wouldn't rely on the Enquiry follow-up date for this as this could get changed as a result of any other Enquiry status update. Enquiry Commitments might be the way to go with this. You could get the Job status to trigger an Enquiry status that generates a commitment, which could get resolved when the Job is completed.

This still wouldn't handle your requirement to use the Job Priority to generate a follow up date though, but you can configure different commitment follow ups per Subject so that might give you enough flexibility, as presumably your follow up time will roughly depend on the nature of the enquiry?

Cheers

John

• 7.  RE: How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Posted 12-11-2017 22:35

Hi John,

I appreciate your ?input. The commitments only work to a certain point. Once an enquiry had been inspected and requires action according to our asset service plans, it follows the same scenario as a defect logged during a proactive (scheduled) inspection, which means that at the time of logging the defect it will be assigned a response time derived from the priority (defect severity & asset classification). For most of our defect types a job will be raised immediately with an estimated/target completion date. We re linking the statuses for enquiries and jobs when a job is raised, committed and completed. The job target completion time is not allowed to be changed from the day is was logged to its actual completion (for auditing purposes - Road Management Plan for instance). 

In summary, our enquiry resolution time is dependent on the asset classification. I believe it would be to onerous to try and create that many enquiry statuses for each of the service subjects to capture all possible events.

• 8.  RE: How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 12-11-2017 23:09

Hi Juana, to follow on from John's earlier point storing this information in that field would always be risky. I think the best way to give customer facing staff access to this information is to create a linked data source or report that they can easily run from the List button. This way you can present this key date, and any other useful Job information, in an easy to digest format. Drop me an email if you want to talk this through in more detail.

Cheers

David

• 9.  RE: How can I auto-populate an Enquiry's Follow-up date from the action?

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi Juana,

Greetings!
    I hope you got the resolution of your query.
    Please mark the best answer by selecting "Make Best Answer" in the Reply menu.
    It will help us and other users save their time.

For more information click here.

Regards

------------------------------
    Aakash Singh
    Pitney Bowes Software India Pvt. Lt
    NOIDA
    ------------------------------