Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Confirm Database Mapping Layers

• 1.  Confirm Database Mapping Layers

Posted 06-30-2019 13:30

Hello,

I am trying add a database map layer on feature groups and needs to some clarity on how this is achieved.
    Looking an confirm help and on oracle bit is straight forward, however the SQL server isnt.

Can someone please provide set by step process what i need to do and what i need our IT service to do.

When enabling a Feature Group to be used as a Confirm Database Map Layer for the first time some prior configuration is required as follows:

In order to use the internal database table as a map layer the Map Catalog table will need to be created. This table is created against the mapinfo schema. Before Confirm can create the Map Catalog table and add its internal table to it the following actions will need to be performed by a Database Administrator:

• Oracle
      • A user called mapinfo with a password of MAPINFO needs to be created on the Confirm Database
      • The mapinfo user will need permissions to create a table and index and grant public access to this table.
    • SQL Server
      • A Schema called mapinfo needs to be created on the Confirm Database with a schema owner of your choice.

------------------------------
    Afzal Hussain
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Confirm Database Mapping Layers

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 07-01-2019 05:42
    Hi Afzal,

Yes we need to have user created. Refer "Configuring Confirm Database with MapInfo User".  Post that How to configure RI
    can  be evaluated for implementation. On SQL Server , similar configuration will prevail.

If there is more specific query, we can have further discussion.

Ritu Mishra
    Pitney Bowes Software India Pvt. Lt
    NOIDA

• 3.  RE: Confirm Database Mapping Layers

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 07-02-2019 02:49
    Hi Afzal

If you have any queries after reading Ritu's post feel free to raise a case with the Technical Support team and we will help you.

Chris Wareham
    Senior Technical Support Analyst
    Pitney Bowes