Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Bulk dispose assets

• 1.  Bulk dispose assets

Posted 07-14-2019 21:45
    I have about 1000 assets I need to make 'Dead' in confirm.

Is there a simple way to do this without going into each asset ID and ticking the 'Dead' flag?

------------------------------
    Courtney Watson
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Bulk dispose assets

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 07-14-2019 22:24
    Hi Courtney

There is a utility in Confirm called 'Batch End Date Features' which you could use, possibly in combination with a Named Selection.  This will allow you to supply a single 'end date' for all Features/Assets - which if this is in the past will result in the asset being made 'dead'.  Alternatively, you could also update the Feature/Assets using Import Anything, again setting the Feature End Date to sometime in the past.

--
    Andrew McSeveney
    Principal Consultant
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: Bulk dispose assets

Posted 07-14-2019 22:35
    Thanks Andrew.

I'll go with the import file because the assets I want to dispose of are already on a spreadsheet.  Also, i'm not familiar with the "Named Selection'.  What is this, and how can I apply it to the asset ID's I want to make Dead for future reference?

Thanks in advance,

Courtney

Courtney Watson

• 4.  RE: Bulk dispose assets

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 07-14-2019 22:44
    Hi Courtney

Named Selections are something you can create in Confirm when viewing/searching for assets.  You will see a button on the toolbar, located across the top of the dialog that looks like three flags.  This is the Named Selection button.  All Named Selections are, to put it simply, is a variable name (that you define) that points to a list of assets.  You can then use this variable name in many other forms in Confirm to limit that process to only run on the assets within the Named Selection.  You can build up a Named Selection's contents by search for assets - then you can replace the contents of an existing Named Selection with those results, or add the results from your search to an existing Named Selection and finally you can subtract your search results from the contents of an existing Named Selection.

They are just a useful tool for working with assets which might not have an obvious connection to each other.

--
    Andrew McSeveney
    Principal Consultant
    Pitney Bowes

• 5.  RE: Bulk dispose assets

Posted 07-14-2019 23:01
    Great tool!

Is there a way I can add assets to the Named Selection in bulk with the asset ID?  I don't seem to have the Confirm Menu in ArcMap to use the 'To Confirm - Named Selection' feature that the Confirm Help refers to.

Courtney Watson