Community Announcements and Information

Update on the Knowledge Community Beta progress.

Thread closed by the administrator. It is viewable, but not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Update on the Knowledge Community Beta progress.

Community Manager
    Posted 12-20-2018 15:45
    Edited by Sydney Lawton 12-20-2018 16:47
    No replies, thread closed.
    Greetings community members!

I wanted to share with you the progress of the community migration to our new platform and changes made as a result of your feedback.

First, as mentioned at launch, not all discussion threads were brought over to the new site. The final data load is complete, so all your contributions and collaborations should now be available. You may have also noticed that migrated posts sometimes had links that did not work. While that is still the case since the old file structure is gone, you should still be able to find the content by searching. Speaking of search, that has also received an update. Pitney Bowes technical knowledge articles are now returned in the search results. We'll continue to expand and refine search functionality as time goes on.

Next, discussions themselves are easier to reply to - you can now reply inline instead of on a new page. The new page made it difficult to reference the thread simultaneously, so the new inline feature will save you some time. The full editor is still available and offers more options when needed, just click the "Use Advanced Editor" when replying inline, or use the drop down next to Reply and hit "Reply to Discussion" to get to the stand alone editor.

With respect to your profile, there is mixed progress to report: the LinkedIn button to import your picture and bio has been fixed, however some of you have found that updating your address/account information is not possible. This is something we expect to be resolved in early February, however in the interim, please feel free to email kcmoderator@pb.com with your contact information and the team will update as soon as possible. If you haven't already, go to your profile and fill it out. Who knows? You may even earn a badge for it. ;)
    *Please be advised I have been notified that the LinkedIn button still is not working properly. I will update this post as soon as possible with more information when it becomes available*
    *This has now been resolved - the LinkedIn button does work properly now. I apologize for the confusion this caused.*

Lastly, you now can subscribe to specific threads that you want to stay involved in. Next to a post or Blog, you can click on the star icon to Subscribe. Then you'll get Real Time emails every time there is an update. Now you can watch a thread, even if you don't have something to say just yet.

If you have a suggestion or question about the Community itself, I've set up a blog where you can add comments here - I really want to know how we can make the community work better for you, so please share your feedback.

Thank you all for sticking with us as we move through this beta – we're very close to declaring it over, so if you haven't yet signed into the new site, do so now to earn your "before it was cool" badge - you won't be able to earn it once the beta is over.

------------------------------
    Sydney Lawton
    Community Manager
    ------------------------------