Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

• 1.  Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Posted 09-21-2017 06:28

• 2.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 09-21-2017 05:16

Hi Ben,

They will not work. The tool is complied for each version which works with it. You will get an error when you try loading it.

Regards,

Shweta

• 3.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 09-21-2017 06:35

Hi Ben - I just wanted to clarify if you are referring to the Confirm Mapping Link for MapInfo Pro or the newer Confirm Mapping Interface for MI Pro that that we have just released?

Cheers

David

• 4.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Posted 12-16-2018 18:39
    Hi David.

I am looking for the installer for this, we are on MapInfo Pro ​17.0.1 (64 Bit) and Confirm V19.

Cheers
    Craig

------------------------------
    Craig Marshall
    Senior Infrastructure Planning Engineer
    Adelaide Hills Council
    Stirling

• 5.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 12-18-2018 06:30
    Hi Craig,

the installer is in the Confirm installation package under client > MapInfo

There is also documentation in the installation folder: Mapping Link for MapInfo (MRD-39-301)

Ian Slesser
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT

• 6.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Posted 12-18-2018 16:58
    ​Hi Ian.

Found the installer thanks to Dean Hobson, and yes found in the client folder as well :)

Found the doco as well and that explains a) the process b) why I couldn't get it to work :)

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

Take Care.
    CM

Craig Marshall
    Senior Infrastructure Planning Engineer
    Adelaide Hills Council
    Stirling

• 7.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 09-21-2017 06:39

Okay yes, I am talking about MapInfo Pro tools working in different versions of MapInfo Pro.

Regards,

Shweta

• 8.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Posted 09-21-2017 18:42

?Hi David, it is the Confirm Mapping Link tool that came with V17.1.

(as much as we're looking forward to the Mapping Interface that came out with V17.2 we're only up to testing the mapping link).

Hi Shweta, that's pretty much what we're testing (ie does the 17.1 Confirm link tool work with MI12.5, or do we need to jump to MI 15 first).

Thanks both,

Ben.

• 9.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 09-21-2017 18:57

Hi Ben - Thanks for clarifying. The MapInfo Pro link you have supports with MapInfo 12.5 32-bit and 64-bit, so no need to upgrade MapInfo Pro if you don't want to at this time. If you encounter any issues please reach out to the support team for assistance.

Cheers

David

• 10.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Posted 09-21-2017 19:06

?Thanks David - have lodged a support case; will report back on our testing.

• 11.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Posted 11-01-2017 20:10

?Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to follow up and say we've sorted this all out. Turns out we were having Windows Profile issues getting in the way.

Now, on to V17.2!

• 12.  RE: Has anyone sucessfully installed the V17.1 MapInfo tool to use with MIv12.5?

Posted 08-05-2019 22:24
    Hi Ben,

Greetings!
    I hope you got the resolution of your query.
    Please mark the best answer by selecting "Make Best Answer" in the Reply menu.
    It will help us and other users save their time.

For more information click here.

Regards

Aakash Singh
    Pitney Bowes Software India Pvt. Lt
    NOIDA