MapInfo Pro

Expand all | Collapse all

MapInfo Pro Release 17.0.3 - Now Available

• 1.  MapInfo Pro Release 17.0.3 - Now Available

Pitney Bowes
    Posted 06-12-2019 07:22
    Edited by Dave Andrews 06-13-2019 18:03

I'm just back from MapInfo User Group meetings in the UK including London and Manchester.  It was great to meet with customers and partners from many different types of organizations including local government, retail, telco, insurance, and many others. 

While I was there I shared info about the latest release of MapInfo Pro, version 17.0.3.  Here are some details on some of the features in this release:

1. MapInfo Marketplace Preview – as demand for industry-specific solutions grows, we are expanding the visibility and convenience of "Apps" that extend the power of MapInfo Pro.  The MapInfo Marketplace will make it easier to install new and updated tools and find the ones you need.

2. Customizable Shortcuts – version 17.0.3 includes customizable shortcuts to increase your productivity. This screenshot shows the interface that you can use to assign specific keyboard shortcuts and customize the messages that appear when you hover over a tool ("tool tips").

3. Python – one of the fastest growing scripting languages is Python, and now you can create MapBasic applications using Python in MapInfo Pro. In addition, you can integrate existing Python scripts from the vast array of open source apps to perform specific tasks that are not available in MapInfo Pro.

For more details, sign up here for the webinar titled "Unpacking MapInfo Pro version 17.0.3" on June 27, 2019 at 11am Eastern Time.

I also shared an update on the MapInfo Pro Roadmap looking ahead to the October, 2019 release of version 2019.  I'll post another discussion on this later and look forward to your feedback.

Be sure to read Andrei Veselov's post on the release of 17.0.3 with links to downloads for both MapInfo Pro and MapBasic.

Regards,

Jim 

------------------------------
    Jim Stone
    Pitney Bowes
    Senior Product Manager, MapInfo Pro
    Reading, MA

• 2.  RE: MapInfo Pro Release 17.0.3 - Now Available

Posted 06-12-2019 11:07
    Edited by Dave Andrews 06-12-2019 14:29
    Also for people near Troy NY, we're having an onsite meet-up and training session on June 18. It's going to be a great day with many different options for improving your skills or figuring out how to achieve your spatial aspirations.

Andrei will lead the Raster Masterclass.

Sign-up today and I look forward to seeing you LIVE!

Dave

Dave Andrews
    Pitney Bowes Inc
    Stamford CT

• 3.  RE: MapInfo Pro Release 17.0.3 - Now Available

Posted 06-12-2019 13:54
    If only Troy was closer, Dave....​

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 4.  RE: MapInfo Pro Release 17.0.3 - Now Available

Posted 06-12-2019 14:28
    Edited by Dave Andrews 06-12-2019 14:32
    Thought you would have had enough of us in London, John! We'll have to take the Raster Master Class on the road....

Dave Andrews
    Pitney Bowes Inc
    Stamford CT